Last Updated : 11 August 2011 at 11:35 IST
Arecanut in India breaks 12 year old record
The demand for white areca nut is increasing in the Indian market and price has touched a record of Rs 175 per Kg, which is the highest since 1999.
- Volatility on Gold, Silver; Base metals may remain neutral
- Base metals complex may trade sideways on mixed fundamentals. Copper may trade in range of 405-420 in MCX while zinc may trade in range of 100-102 and Lead can also trade in range of 111-113.
- read more
As per April 25 reports, Norilsk Nickel has announced that it is closing its Lake Johnston operat..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
MANGALORE (Commodity Online): The demand for white areca nut is increasing in the Indian market and price has touched a record of Rs 175 per Kg, which is the highest since 1999.
In 1999, the white areca nut had got Rs.172 per Kg in the market.
The old as well as new stock of the commodity is selling out at faster rate and the price is expected to rise high.
Areca nut is of two types White areca nut and Red areca nut. White areca nut is used in preparing Paan and Red areca nut is used in preparing gutkha.
The major reason for the increasing demand could be the ban on gutkha by Supreme Court and also the less production of white areca nut.
The effect of fruit rot disease on areca nut, will witness reduced crop production by 30% this year.
- World Crude Steel output rises by 1.2% to 132 mn tons in April 2013 Y/Y: WorldSteel
- Barclays: Outcomes on Metal flows as China cracks down on Copper entrepot trade
- MCX Crude Oil sideways to bullish; resistance 5380
- 'India-China bilateral FTA: Difficult, but not impossible'
- MCX Natural Gas sideways to negative; support 223 and 220
- MCX Copper positive amid fall in China imports; Lead positive, Nickel trend unclear