Last Updated : 14 September 2011 at 14:05 IST
Austria restricts gold purchase by individuals
A newly enacted gold policy in Austria that restricts the free purchase of gold by individuals may just be the start of a European policy shift that might border on infringing an individual’s financial freedom.
Iran's oilmeal imports from India reached 789,031 tons during April-November period this year, ro..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
VIENNA (Commodity Online): A newly enacted gold policy in Austria that restricts the free purchase of gold by individuals may just be the start of a European policy shift that might border on infringing an individual’s financial freedom.
-As per the new Austrian policies, individuals who wish to purchase gold will be restricted to purchase only 15000 Euros worth of gold at a time making gold an officially “restricted” commodity.
Earlier, one had to just call the local Austrian bank about 2-4 days in advance and state the amount of gold one wishes to purchase. But that has now been scrapped.
Although, the officials quote money laundering as the reason for the new polices, one but wonders if there isn’t more to it.
-Meanwhile, in Italy, top industrials and professionals have sent a letter to the government and parliament to ban all cash transactions above 300 Euros, and only permit electronic transfers!
- Weather, drop in stockpiles may keep US Natural Gas above $4 for near term
- US Steel markets may witness bullish trend in December 13: TSI
- Coriander likely to make a kill, Buy recommended
- Short covering supports US Gold, Crude Oil steady; MCX Gold negative
- A pretty picture for Silver demand in industry, better future
- Wearable and flexible Textile Battery developed