Last Updated : 07 August 2012 at 19:10 IST
Barclays: Silver investor interest ticks higher but not enough to drive prices higher yet
Source :Commodity Online
Silver investor interest is picking up but is not enough to drive prices higher just yet, said Barclays Capital in a commodities research note.
- Precious, base metals, Crude Oil may trade negative on weak global sentiments
- Taking cues from decline in spot gold prices coupled with weak global market sentiments, Spot silver prices decreased by 0.53 percent today. However, favourable economic data from Germany along with weakness in DX cushioned sharp fall in the prices.
- read more
The USDA forecasts 2013/14 Canada rapeseed production at 14.5 million tons, up 9 percent from las..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
LONDON (Commodity Online): Silver investor interest is picking up but is not enough to drive prices higher just yet, said Barclays Capital in a commodities research note.
According to Barclays, mine supply continues to grow on a year-on-year basis while industrial demand is down year-on-year.
However, speculative net length by non-commercial futures traders has picked up to the highest level in nearly three months, although it remains below a year ago.
Meanwhile, including closed-end products, inflows into physically backed silver exchange-traded products have reached nearly 730 metric tons for the year to date.
“Metal held in trust across all ETPs has climbed to its highest since early May last year. Silver remains heavily dependent upon investor appetite to plug the fundamental gap, and we continue to expect the silver market to deliver a surplus in excess of 3,000 tons in 2012 (2013: 4,000 tons),” the British bank added.
But, despite the recovering investor participation, this year has highlighted that without sufficient interest, the likelihood of silver’s price upside has grown increasingly, Barclays concluded.
- MCX Natural Gas bullish; resistance at 242 and 245 levels
- Volatility may mark Gold futures in the days to come
- MCX Copper sideways to positive; resistance at 412 and 416.5 levels
- Shale Oil production outside US, Canada is no game-changer yet: BofAML
- NCDEX Turmeric range bound; 5700-6150 range
- NCDEX Sugar bearish; support 2970