Last Updated : 24 March 2010 at 17:45 IST
Better to build commodity reserves: Jim Rogers
- Crude Oil likely to trade higher on TransCanada pipeline opening
- Spot gold prices fell around 0.9 percent today taking cues from strength in the DX coupled with mixed global market sentiments. Also, declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings acted as negative factor. In the Indian markets, gold prices declined around 0
- read more
Pakistan exported 203,712 metric tons of basmati rice worth $189.80 million in the July- October ..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
In a brief e-mail interview with Commodity Online, Jim Rogers says that it would be better for countries like China—and everyone—to build commodity reserves rather than reserves in US dollar.
Here is Jim Rogers for you:
Commodity Online: Where is gold price heading?
Jim Rogers: I have no idea over the next year or so, but expect it much higher over the next decade or so.
Commodity Online: Do you think gold is the best investment asset among commodities?
Jim Rogers: No
Commodity Online: George Soros has said that gold is the ‘ultimate asset bubble’. What is your view on this?
Jim Rogers: I do not understand the statement.
Commodity Online: You have said that gold price will touch $2000 per ounce in the next 10 years?
Jim Rogers: I continue to expect this.
Commodity Online: Which are the best commodities that you recommend people to buy?
Jim Rogers: Agriculture as a class is probably better than the other 2 classes.
Commodity Online: Do you think China should build gold reserves by selling its forex reserves held in US dollar?
Jim Rogers: I would think they – and everyone – would be better building commodity reserves rather than reserves in US dollars.
- The conflicting economic and religious views on Speculation and Money
- US Corn, Soybeans stocks to tighten on potential increase in exports
- US Crude Oil near 1 month high amid drop in stockpiles, MCX Crude Oil opens up
- Pulses inflation nosedives: Indians can have a protein rich diet
- Global Aluminium market may witness 275Kt deficit in 2014
- MCX Crude Oil rises tracking US Crude Oil, Copper may fall further