Last Updated : 02 November 2010 at 15:55 IST
Cambodia set to explore huge copper reserves
- Spices, Oilseeds counter bearish, Sugar range bound: SMC
- In oilseeds complex, Mustard January may remain below 3820 on increase acreage, adequate carryover stocks. Soybean decline seems to be capped with robust soymeal exports which has doubled to 503,269 tons in November compared to a month ago. Apri
- read more
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
According to country’s Commerce Ministry, a decision on the exploration permit was due next week on the area that contains 1,000-year-old historically protected sites.
Will edible oil prices continue to weaken? For latest trends and insightful analysis on India’s oilseeds market, subscribe to Commodity Online Info Service
He said huge iron resources were found in Preah Vihear and huge copper resources were found in Siem Reap. This copper could be three times what you see in Laos, 13 million tones is possible over the next 50 years.
The only problem was the presence of protected historical sites, some of which, he said, were 1,000 years old, which could be affected by mining.
He also detailed potential revenues from ongoing extraction projects, stating that the government would draw $700 million a year from Chevron-controlled Block A , an offshore oil concession in the Gulf of Thailand that the minister said had been given a production deadline of December 12, 2012.
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14
- India Rabi Oil Seeds acreage jumps 3.54% Y/Y to 74.74 lakh hectares
- China Communist Party plenum goals may benefit commodities
- India Gold remains weak, Crude Oil falls on profit booking, Copper up
- Erratic weather in Asia is a setback for Rice crop
- Gold options indicates bullish sentiment: Saxo Bank