Last Updated : 17 September 2011 at 13:30 IST
CAMPCO advice Areca nut farmerís to boost cooperative institution
The areca nut farmers have been strongly advised by Central Arecanut and Cocoa Marketing and Processing Cooperative (CAMPCO) to sell the commodity to cooperative institutions.
- Commodities may witness mixed trend on concerns over QE tapering
- Spot gold prices traded on a negative note by around 0.1 percent today on the back of rising concerns of early QE taper after a string of positive data from the US. Also, mixed global market sentiments and declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings acted
- read more
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
BANGALORE (Commodity Online): The areca nut farmers have been strongly advised by Central Arecanut and Cocoa Marketing and Processing Cooperative (CAMPCO) to sell the commodity to cooperative institutions.
The growers have a trend of selling the commodity to private traders who offers little higher price than the cooperatives.
According to Mr K. Padmanabha, President, CAMPCO, the private traders, who wants to fake tax, buy commodities directly from the farmers by offering little higher price than the cooperative, Speaking at the 37th annual general meeting of CAMPCO . He advised farmers that they sell their commodities to cooperatives, as private traders do not come for help at time of market crash, but the cooperatives rush towards them for help. As per a report in The Business Line
“Cooperative did not expect such a rainfall this year. However, he assured them that steps will be taken to increase the supply of fungicide to growers” he added
The Central Arecanut and Cocoa Marketing and Processing Co-operative Limited or CAMPCO was found on 11 July 1973 at Mangalore. The organisation working on principles of co-operative was found to migitate the sufferings of areca nut and cocoa growers in Indian states of Karnataka and Kerala.
- Silver to average $19.5 an ounce in 2014; Gold at $1310 an ounce: Barclays
- Develop India Agriculture for multilateral trade: ASSOCHAM
- US Gold steadies after sharp fall; MCX Gold, Silver negative
- India Govt retains Minimum Support Price for Copra
- Copper surplus to outpace demand growth in 2014: ICSG
- Volcker Rule effect: Gold, Silver fundamentals to matter more