Last Updated : 15 October 2012 at 11:50 IST
Castor Seed witnesses upside breakout on fall in acreage
Source :Commodity Online
Castor seed has witnesse a drop in acreage from 11.52 ha in October 2011 to 8.52 lakh ha this year while castormeal exports have registered healthy growth rising 58%. An upside breakout has been witnessed in daily castorseed charts at NCDEX and trend remains positive
- LME Inventory Data:Nickel stocks gained to 253890 tons
- Aluminum stocks declined by 9925 tons to 5422675 and copper stocks declined by 2175 tons to 399875 tons at London Metal Exchange (LME) on Wednesday Zinc stocks also fell at LME market.
- read more
Malaysia's crude palm oil (CPO) production declined by 5.6% to 1.86 million tons in November this..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
By Milan Shah
AHMEDABAD (Commodity Online): Castor Seed futures in National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX) has witnessed an upside breakout on fall in acreage and increased exports of castormeal.
-A total area of 8.52 lakh hectares is under Castor seed crop this year against 11.52 lakh hectares in the previous year as on 04th October.(Source: Ministry of Agriculture)
-India is the largest producer and exporter of castor seed and its oil, meal. According to the latest data from the Solvent Extractors' Association of India, India's total castormeal exports during April-August were reported at 1.12 lakh tonnes, up 58 per cent from the last year in the same period. Export of castor oil reached 30,963 tonnes for August 2012, against 35,130 tonnes for July.
-The SEA's castor crop survey estimates domestic production at 1.61 million tonnes for the 2011-12 season (October-September), showing a growth of about 30 per cent over the 1.25 million tonnes recorded in 2010-11.
As seen in the daily charts below, NCDEX Castor Seed Dec has witnessed an upside breakout. Technically, Castor seed prices first witnessed the break of 3840 level and after witnessing some profit booking from that level it continued uptrend on fresh buying which indicates strength in buying.
Recommendation- Buy Castor Seed NCDEX December near 3850 Sl 3500 Tgt 4650
Holding Period:- 1.5 months
- Shale Gas boom or bumper crop: What will drive the Guar complex?
- Crude Oil to remain bearish in 2014 on surplus market balance: DB
- China's implied November Oil demand rises in Nov: Barclays
- Buying opportunity emerges in NCDEX Coriander
- India Soybean gains on marriage season demand, global cues
- QE3 tapering round the corner, how will it impact commodities?