Last Updated : 30 July 2012 at 18:20 IST
CII asks for better weather forecast mechanism to support agriculture sector
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has urged the need for for better weather forecast mechanism of Meteorological department to enable farmers and related stakeholders take timely decisions to cope up with any deficiency.
- MCX Daily Report: Mentha Oil hit upper circuit, Silver slumps
- Gold June has fallen 0.96% to 25587 Rs/10gm. For Gold June contract, support is now seen at 25311, 25130 and resistance at 25680 & 25901, analyst said.
- read more
The USDA forecasts 2012/13 Mexico sugar production at 6.216 million metric tons (mt), an increase..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
MUMBAI (Commodity Online): The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has urged the need for for better weather forecast mechanism of Meteorological department to enable farmers and related stakeholders take timely decisions to cope up with any deficiency.
India's agricultural sector performance for 2012-13 is likely to remain subdued due to delayed rainfall affecting the production on the country which in-turn is expected to impact the income of rural peoples, according to Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
India's agricultural sowing of the major Kharif crops till July 13th was down 18% as compared to last year due to delayed rainfall, which is likely to affect the livelihood of the farmers.
With the improved weather forecast mechanism, the farmers could grow crops according to the weather, which causes less crop loss.
According to Chandrajit Banerjee, director general, CII, The government has to take urgent measures to ensure that rural livelihoods are protected.
- MCX Natural Gas positive; resistance at 230 & 233 levels
- MCX Copper negative; support at 400 & 397 levels
- MCX Silver bearish; support at 40,000 level
- MCX Gold bearish on weak global cues, downside expected near term
- Global economic surprise: Where has this Black Swan built its clandestine nest?
- Palladium prices may average $748/oz in 2013: Barclays