Last Updated : 31 May 2012 at 16:50 IST
Cocoa futures in NYBOT surges on fear of supply crunch from Ivory Coast
With the cocoa processor and confectionery makers stocking the commodity on fear of temporary supply crunch from the world top producer, Ivory Coast, the price of Cocoa in New York Board of Trade (NYBOT) surges.
- Gold, Silver to trade on bearish note; Base metals on negative path
- Japan’s copper wire and cable shipments climbed 2.1 percent in May from a year earlier, increasing for the first time in six months on a pick-up in deliveries to construction companies.
- read more
Germany’s producer price index has fallen more than expected in last month, official data s..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
YAMOUSSOUKRO (Commodity Online): With the cocoa processor and confectionery makers stocking the commodity on fear of temporary supply crunch from the world top producer, Ivory Coast, the price of Cocoa in New York Board of Trade (NYBOT) surges.
In NYBOT, cocoa for July delivery traded up 15 cents to 2085 cents a bushel on 31st May.
According to reports, despite the anticipated global cocoa deficit in 2011-12 is trimmed to 43,000 tons from earlier projection of 71,000 tons by the International Cocoa Organisation (ICO), the fear of cocoa supply crunch if Ivory Coast's overhaul of the sector delays exports later this year.
Cocoa is the major commodity used in making chocolates.
- NCDEX Turmeric may trade positive; MCX Cardamom with bearish bias
- India Gold imports a reason behind FDI thinking in defence, pharma and telecom?
- US markets nervous, Fed outcome eyed
- Indian Railways Commodity-wise freight income rises by 8.66% in April-May period Y/Y
- Copper witnessing a shift to permanently slower demand growth: Barclays
- MCX Lead bearish, Nickel negative; support 121.6 and 824