Last Updated : 03 November 2012 at 15:15 IST
Copper may benefit from pick up in China’s home appliance sales: Barclays
Source :Barclays Capital/Commodity Online
Chinese official data show that refrigerator, air conditioner and washing-machine production rose 8%, 14% and 25% year-on-year, respectively, in September
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
BEIJING (Commodity Online): Increased output of home appliances in China bodes well for copper, helped by demand around holidays in the country, said Barclays Capital in a commodity research note.
According to the British bank, Chinese official data show that refrigerator, air conditioner and washing-machine production rose 8%, 14% and 25% year-on-year, respectively, in September.
"Although demand was amplified by the holiday effect, September data suggest that more positive signals are emerging from one of the worst-hit sectors this year," they continued.
"While physical traders report that spot copper sales remain weak, the continued improvement in the downstream sector increases the chance that restocking will help to lift copper demand," Barclays concluded.
- Wearable and flexible Textile Battery developed
- Market surplus, higher mine supply to weigh on Silver
- Expansion in manufacturing to strengthen Base Metals demand further
- US Crude Oil prices may average $96.5 per bbl, Brent $104.8 in 2014
- FTIL's ODIN trading platform not be impacted by NSEL crisis
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14