Last Updated : 25 September 2012 at 11:45 IST
Global Stainless Steel production in H1, 2012 stable at 17.2 mmt: ISSF
Source :Commodity Online/ISSF
In Asia with China excluded, stainless steel production increased by 2.2% to 4.5 million tons. There was a mixed performance of the individual Asian countries in the period of review
- Spices, Oilseeds counter bearish, Sugar range bound: SMC
- In oilseeds complex, Mustard January may remain below 3820 on increase acreage, adequate carryover stocks. Soybean decline seems to be capped with robust soymeal exports which has doubled to 503,269 tons in November compared to a month ago. Apri
- read more
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
BRUSSELS (Commodity Online): The International Stainless Steel Forum (ISSF) has reported that global stainless steel production has remained fairly stable at 17.2 mn metric tonnes in the first half of 2012. The figure represents only a marginal decline of 0.2% on a year-on-year basis, ISSF said.
In Asia with China excluded, stainless steel production increased by 2.2% to 4.5 million tons. There was a mixed performance of the individual Asian countries in the period of review: While Korea and India showed increased production volumes the stainless crude steel production decreased in Japan and Taiwan, China. China increased the stainless steel production in the period of review by 1.1% (after corrections made by ISSF) to 7.1 mmt.
Western Europe/Africa experienced a slightly shrinking development in stainless steel production during the first six months of 2012. Total production was 4.3 mmt (minus 0.5%) in this period. Also in this area there was a split development showing production changes from plus 11% to minus 14% after the first six months of 2012.
In The Americas region, stainless crude steel production decreased by 13.4%% to 1.0 million tons in the first half of the year. Production in the Eastern Europe region showed a drop of 9%, with now less than 0.2 mmt continuously on an almost negligible low volume level.
- Expansion in manufacturing to strengthen Base Metals demand further
- US Crude Oil prices may average $96.5 per bbl, Brent $104.8 in 2014
- FTIL's ODIN trading platform not be impacted by NSEL crisis
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14
- India Rabi Oil Seeds acreage jumps 3.54% Y/Y to 74.74 lakh hectares
- China Communist Party plenum goals may benefit commodities