Last Updated : 16 November 2012 at 12:35 IST
Gold: Buying likely on pullbacks to $1,700/Oz and below
Source :Commodity Online
The expectations for more emerging-market central-bank demand for the yellow metal, including China.
- Crude Oil likely to trade higher on TransCanada pipeline opening
- Spot gold prices fell around 0.9 percent today taking cues from strength in the DX coupled with mixed global market sentiments. Also, declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings acted as negative factor. In the Indian markets, gold prices declined around 0
- read more
Pakistan exported 203,712 metric tons of basmati rice worth $189.80 million in the July- October ..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): Ironbeam precious-metals analyst Sean Lusk looks for buying to emerge in gold on any retreats to the $1,700 area down to the low for the month.
The expectations for more emerging-market central-bank demand for the yellow metal, including China, he added.
Meanwhile, there is potential for gridlock in Washington over the so-called U.S. "fiscal cliff" issue.
With this backdrop, "I think that gold will be one of the choices of investment for investors going forward. If we see a dip in gold down to the $1,700 level or if the price dips to challenge the monthly low at $1,673, I think it will represent a buying opportunity for investors as we head into 2013," Lusk concluded.
Global gold prices ended the United States day session solidly lower on Thursday, but up from the sharper losses seen earlier in the day. The precious metals saw selling due to a firmer U.S. dollar index and lower crude oil prices.
December gold last traded down $16.40 at $1,713.80 an ounce on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. Spot gold was last quoted down $13.50 at $1,714.75.
- Short covering at lower levels supports India Soybean, Soy Oil
- US Corn, Soybeans stocks to tighten on potential increase in exports
- US Crude Oil near 1 month high amid drop in stockpiles, MCX Crude Oil opens up
- Pulses inflation nosedives: Indians can have a protein rich diet
- Global Aluminium market may witness 275Kt deficit in 2014
- MCX Crude Oil rises tracking US Crude Oil, Copper may fall further