Last Updated : 05 October 2012 at 18:35 IST
Gold flirting with $1,800 on policy makers' tones, market sentiment: Sharps Pixley
Source :Commodity Online
The Comex December futures peaked at $1,798.10 an ounce overnight, their strongest level since Feb. 29.
- NCDEX Daily Report: Guar Seed surges ahead, Castor Seed bearish
- Castor Seed July has declined 1.81% to 3415 Rs/qtl. Anticipation of weak sowing acreage along with strong export demand of castor oil in local markets impacted prices. Castor Seed declined 2.13% to 3360 Rs/qtl.
- read more
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): Gold is flirting with $1,800 an ounce on the tone of global policy-setters and general market sentiment, said Sharps Pixley in a commodity briefing.
The Comex December futures peaked at $1,798.10 an ounce overnight, their strongest level since Feb. 29. Spot gold has been as high as $1,795.90, its strongest level since last November.
“Gold prices were boosted by various news this week. On Thursday, the ECB announced interest rate would be on hold at 0.75% and the bond-purchase program stood ready to be tapped although takers have not shown up,” said Austin Kiddle, director of Sharps Pixley.
He continued that, “the U.S. Fed also released its September FOMC meeting minutes, revealing that members were generally united for the QE3 program and some were pushing for tying the time period for a zero interest-rate policy to numerical benchmarks on inflation and (the) unemployment rate.”
“The Middle-Eastern tension in Syria and the decision by the Turkish government to launch military actions against Syria have pushed up volatility in the oil prices but helped gold prices,” Kiddle added.
“Gold price sentiment has continued to surge--traders have made the biggest bets on gold rally since seven months ago, the gold-backed ETP holdings have reached another record high at 2,565 metric tons while UBS has recently seen Indian physical gold sales rise the most since April,” Sharps Pixley concluded.
- India Gold imports a reason behind FDI thinking in defence, pharma and telecom?
- MCX Copper bearish; support 406 and 403
- What will drive Commodity Markets Wednesday and Thursday
- NCDEX Guar Gum negative; Guar Seed hits upper circuit
- NCDEX Maize bearish on weak fundamentals; short covering expected
- Will they marry? Why Silver is increasingly dating Base Metals