Last Updated : 08 October 2012 at 17:35 IST
Gold may wait till Q2 2013 to break $1900/Oz: BNP Paribas
Source :Commodity Online
BNP Paribas continue to believe that the direction of the gold price will be tightly linked to monetary easing. In the next 12 months, they expect gold to trend higher.
- NCDEX Daily Report: Wheat surges ahead, Soybean bearish
- Soybean June has fallen to 2.39% to 3832 Rs/qtl. NCDEX accredited warehouses soybean stocks gained by 2247 tons to 16533 tons has impacted future prices. July declined to 2.13% to 3722 Rs/qtl.
- read more
As per April 25 reports, Norilsk Nickel has announced that it is closing its Lake Johnston operat..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): BNP Paribas things gold prices may wait till second quarter of 2013 to break $1900 an ounce level.
It looks for gold to average $1,795 per ounce in the fourth quarter of this year and $1,865 in the first quarter of 2013 and $1,900 in the second, says BNP Paribas in an updated forecast.
The French bank looks for gold to continue working its way high over the next year, with monetary policy likely to be the key influence. Prices rose sharply since mid-August on expectations for more Federal Open Market Committee easing followed by actual accommodation.
“The FOMC commitment to open-ended quantitative easing is taking it one step further than previous instances of QE, as there is no timeline for the end of bond buying. This is most definitely positive for gold. On the other hand, inflationary pressures have subsided, particularly in China, and should have less sway on gold prices,” says Anne-Laure Tremblay, senior precious metals strategist at BNP Paribas.
“We continue to believe that the direction of the gold price will be tightly linked to monetary easing. In the next 12 months, we expect gold to trend higher. The outlook beyond this timeframe will greatly depend on economic conditions, and particularly on any improvement in the U.S. job market,” BNP Paribas concluded.
- MCX Copper positive; traders await FOMC minutes
- China April imports: Only patchy signs of improvement, says Barclays
- MCX Crude Palm Oil bullish; 475 resistance
- NCDEX Chilli bullish; Coriander, Turmeric positive
- China April Silver imports down 28% y/y at 172 tons: Barclays
- Bernanke testifying before US Congress plus FOMC meeting minutes would drive Gold, Silver