Last Updated : 04 October 2012 at 14:20 IST
Gold rally melting in Rupee fire?
It's very difficult to determine trend in MCX gold futures due to high volatility in USD/INR movements.
- Crude Oil likely to trade higher on expected inventory draw, grater demand outlook
- Spot gold prices traded on a negative note by around 0.5 percent today taking cues from mixed global market sentiments and declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings restricted sharp gains. However, weakness in the DX prevented further decline in the yell
- read more
India's rice crop production estimates for 2013-14 is lowered by 2.0 million tons to 103.0 millio..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
By Amrita Mashar
The currency markets are playing a vital role in deciding prices of gold and silver in Indian markets.
Rupee's gain by 0.70 percent against US Dollar paused MCX gold rally at Rs.31300 per 10 grams. On the MCX , gold prices are marginally down by 0.33% at Rs.31312 as rupee recoiled by 0.63% to close at nearly 5 month high of Rs.52.46 against the USD.
It's very difficult to determine trend in MCX gold futures due to high volatility in USD/INR movement.
Looking at silver futures, prices are more supportive for the commodity than gold on the MCX.
Gold and silver ratio is once again trading below 50 which is positive for silver and negative for gold prices. In the near term, gold/silver ratio may keep trading below 50 and we can see more appreciation in silver compared to gold.
However, Rupee's gain against USD will put some pressure on silver prices in today's trading session.
Sustained USD selling by exporters amid steady money inflows in local equities, gains were extended for the 4th straight trading session in rupee.
On the another hand, Gold on Comex closed in the positive zone holding minor gains from the previous two sessions. Investors are awaiting cues from central banks and release of job data due this weekend. (Amrita Mashar is Manager-Research, Commodity Online)
- Gold slides back after gains on short covering, fresh buying
- India's Apparel exports on recovery path, grows 26% in Apr-Oct 2013
- Cereals Canada appreciates proposed Agricultural Growth Act
- Shale Gas boom or bumper crop: What will drive the Guar complex?
- Crude Oil to remain bearish in 2014 on surplus market balance: DB
- China's implied November Oil demand rises in Nov: Barclays