Last Updated : 27 November 2012 at 12:15 IST
Gold: Two unfolding events may lead to safe haven buying
Source :Commodity Online
Protests are occurring in Egypt after decrees from President Mohamed Mursi consolidating power. The Egyptian situation should be largely supportive for gold, as it could fuel further 'safe refuge' buying by Mideast origins.
- Spices, Oilseeds counter bearish, Sugar range bound: SMC
- In oilseeds complex, Mustard January may remain below 3820 on increase acreage, adequate carryover stocks. Soybean decline seems to be capped with robust soymeal exports which has doubled to 503,269 tons in November compared to a month ago. Apri
- read more
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): A New York based financial-services firm INTL FCStone Inc cites two unfolding events that could lead to safe-haven buying of gold.
Protests are occurring in Egypt after decrees from President Mohamed Mursi consolidating power. The country's stock market has tumbled and the Muslim Brotherhood is expected to stage a massive demonstration in support of Mursi, which could set the stage for more violence.
"The Egyptian situation should be largely supportive for gold, as it could fuel further 'safe refuge' buying by Mideast origins," said Edward Meir, commodities consultant with INTL FCStone.
Meanwhile, US lawmakers and the administration still have not resolved the so-called fiscal cliff issue, and much remains to be done.
“Despite all the public bonhomie on display, the various sides are still quite far apart. This will mean that there will continue to be relatively rocky patches ahead for the markets, a scenario that should bode well for gold as a relative safe haven," Meir concluded.
- Expansion in manufacturing to strengthen Base Metals demand further
- US Crude Oil prices may average $96.5 per bbl, Brent $104.8 in 2014
- FTIL's ODIN trading platform not be impacted by NSEL crisis
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14
- India Rabi Oil Seeds acreage jumps 3.54% Y/Y to 74.74 lakh hectares
- China Communist Party plenum goals may benefit commodities