Last Updated : 29 August 2012 at 14:05 IST
Gujarat rains, decline in spot demand to impact Jeera prices
Source :Commodity Online
At Unjha market in Mehsana, Cumin Seed NCDEX quality prices were at Rs. 15650‐ 15750 per Quintal. Estimated market supply was about 4,000 Bags, unchanged compared to last trading day. Exporters were trying to buy at lower prices level.
- Spices, Oilseeds counter bearish, Sugar range bound: SMC
- In oilseeds complex, Mustard January may remain below 3820 on increase acreage, adequate carryover stocks. Soybean decline seems to be capped with robust soymeal exports which has doubled to 503,269 tons in November compared to a month ago. Apri
- read more
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
Good rains in Gujarat have dampened Jeera futures prices as it raises hopes of better sowing this season.
Gujarat has been receiving good rains and is expected to continue for the next 2-3 days, according to Indian Meteorological Department. The rains would improve the soil moisture required for sowing rabi crops. Jeera is a winter crop sown from October and farmers depend on rains to moisten the land for sowing.
At Unjha market in Mehsana, Cumin Seed NCDEX quality prices were at Rs. 15650‐ 15750 per Quintal. Estimated market supply was about 4,000 Bags, unchanged compared to last trading day. Exporters were trying to buy at lower prices level. At higher prices buyers were unresponsive in the domestic market owing to higher stocks with them.
Gujarat is the leading producer of Jeer a or cumin seed in the country. In the international market, Indian cumin seed one percent quoted at USD 3000 per ton (cnf) Singapore. Meanwhile, Turkey and Syria are not offering.
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14
- India Rabi Oil Seeds acreage jumps 3.54% Y/Y to 74.74 lakh hectares
- China Communist Party plenum goals may benefit commodities
- India Gold remains weak, Crude Oil falls on profit booking, Copper up
- Erratic weather in Asia is a setback for Rice crop
- Gold options indicates bullish sentiment: Saxo Bank