Last Updated : 12 November 2012 at 19:15 IST
India Gold ETFs make moderate annual gains, record trading on Dhanteras
Source :Commodity Online
The country’s top two exchanges BSE and NSE recorded a total turnover of over Rs 2,200 crore in gold ETFs on Dhanteras — an auspicious occasion for gold buying as per Hindu tradition — on Sunda
- Gold, Silver may trade weak; Crude Oil to remain stable
- Exchange-traded products in gold -- investment vehicles that give investors exposure to bullion through issuing securities backed by the physical metal -- have seen huge outflows this year.
- read more
Continued year-over-year declines in U.S. beef production are expected to push beef exports lower..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
MUMBAI (Commodity Online): India Gold Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) have provided moderate returns to investors even as it witnessed heavy trading on Dhanteras on Sunday considered auspicious for investments in gold.
According to data provided by National Stock Exchange, most Gold ETFs have gained only 9-11 percent annually with Goldman Sachs Gold ETF -Goldbees rising 11.67% to Rs 3018 per share, GoldShare showing 11.36% rise at Rs 3038, in prices followed by HDFCMFGETF 11.13% at Rs 3140, Kotakgold rising 1.72% at Rs 3039.15, ReligareGo rising 10.32% at Rs 3113.20, Quantum Mutual Fund (QGOLDHALF) gaining 10.51% at Rs 1512 per share, Reliance Gold (RELGOLD) gaining 9.95% at Rs 2942.55 per share and SBIGETS gaining 11.02% at Rs 3102 per share.
The country’s top two exchanges BSE and NSE recorded a total turnover of over Rs 2,200 crore in gold ETFs on Dhanteras — an auspicious occasion for gold buying as per Hindu tradition — yesterday.
The total traded value of gold ETF (exchange traded fund) on the NSE stood at a record value of Rs 1,337 crore, while the BSE recorded a turnover of Rs 894.55 crore, the two exchanges said separately
In terms of volume, the number of gold ETF units traded went up by 81 per cent to 4,441 kg on the NSE over the same day last year, the exchange said.
According to Association of Mutual Funds of India (AMFI) data, assets under management of gold ETFs in India is Rs 11, 477 cr as on October 31, 2012 under 17 schemes. India is yet to approve silver or other metal ETFs for trading in stock exchanges.
- Silver COT report: The day the numbers lied
- UNICA data may induce further price pressure on Sugar: Deutsche Bank
- China Gold demand vs India Gold demand: Which is more consistent?
- Platinum prices to average $1687/oz in 2013: Barclays
- US Natural Gas industrial demand to grow 400 Mmcf/d in 2013: Barclays
- LME Copper prices may average $7,673/ton in 2013: Barclays