Last Updated : 12 November 2012 at 19:15 IST
India Gold ETFs make moderate annual gains, record trading on Dhanteras
Source :Commodity Online
The country’s top two exchanges BSE and NSE recorded a total turnover of over Rs 2,200 crore in gold ETFs on Dhanteras — an auspicious occasion for gold buying as per Hindu tradition — on Sunda
- Crude Oil likely to trade higher on TransCanada pipeline opening
- Spot gold prices fell around 0.9 percent today taking cues from strength in the DX coupled with mixed global market sentiments. Also, declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings acted as negative factor. In the Indian markets, gold prices declined around 0
- read more
Pakistan exported 203,712 metric tons of basmati rice worth $189.80 million in the July- October ..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
MUMBAI (Commodity Online): India Gold Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) have provided moderate returns to investors even as it witnessed heavy trading on Dhanteras on Sunday considered auspicious for investments in gold.
According to data provided by National Stock Exchange, most Gold ETFs have gained only 9-11 percent annually with Goldman Sachs Gold ETF -Goldbees rising 11.67% to Rs 3018 per share, GoldShare showing 11.36% rise at Rs 3038, in prices followed by HDFCMFGETF 11.13% at Rs 3140, Kotakgold rising 1.72% at Rs 3039.15, ReligareGo rising 10.32% at Rs 3113.20, Quantum Mutual Fund (QGOLDHALF) gaining 10.51% at Rs 1512 per share, Reliance Gold (RELGOLD) gaining 9.95% at Rs 2942.55 per share and SBIGETS gaining 11.02% at Rs 3102 per share.
The country’s top two exchanges BSE and NSE recorded a total turnover of over Rs 2,200 crore in gold ETFs on Dhanteras — an auspicious occasion for gold buying as per Hindu tradition — yesterday.
The total traded value of gold ETF (exchange traded fund) on the NSE stood at a record value of Rs 1,337 crore, while the BSE recorded a turnover of Rs 894.55 crore, the two exchanges said separately
In terms of volume, the number of gold ETF units traded went up by 81 per cent to 4,441 kg on the NSE over the same day last year, the exchange said.
According to Association of Mutual Funds of India (AMFI) data, assets under management of gold ETFs in India is Rs 11, 477 cr as on October 31, 2012 under 17 schemes. India is yet to approve silver or other metal ETFs for trading in stock exchanges.
- India Crude Oil gets support from fall in stockpiles, Copper sideways
- Gold falls to 5 month low on US stimulus fears, MCX Gold to remain weak
- Short covering at lower levels supports India Soybean, Soy Oil
- US Corn, Soybeans stocks to tighten on potential increase in exports
- US Crude Oil near 1 month high amid drop in stockpiles, MCX Crude Oil opens up
- Pulses inflation nosedives: Indians can have a protein rich diet