Last Updated : 20 April 2012 at 12:05 IST
India jewellery, gems exports tank over 17% in March
India's jewellery and gems exports crashed by a double digit 17% in March, latest data from the country's Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) shows.
- LME Inventory data: Nickel stocks shoot up by 253836 tons
- Aluminum stocks declined by 8600 tons to 5432600 and copper stocks declined by 3225 tons to 402050 tons at London Metal Exchange (LME) on Tuesday Zinc stocks also fell at LME market.
- read more
Iran's oilmeal imports from India reached 789,031 tons during April-November period this year, ro..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
MUMBAI (Commodity Online): India's jewellery and gems exports crashed by a double digit 17% in March, latest data from the country's Gems and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) shows.
Total exports in March 2012 stood at Rs 22,755.81 Crore, down 17.69% Year on Year compared to Rs 27,649.18 Crore exports in March 2011.
Rajiv Jain, Chairman of GJPEC estimates that the sector is likely to witness 10-15% growth in coming months. “But in diamond jewellery, we have to revisit our earlier estimate of 10 per cent as the trading has come down by 30 per cent due to the two per cent import duty on polished diamonds. We will give our revised estimates after discussing it with the diamond panel”, The Hindu Business Line quotes the Chairman.
For the fiscal year 2011/2012, exports rose by 4.64% to Rs 2,04,823.66 Crore compared to Rs 1,28,514.06 Crore in 2010/2011. Exports of cut and polished diamonds declined by 13.64% while coloured gemstone exports saw an increase of 15.40%. Gold jewellery exports also posted a gain of 10.04%
- India Soybean gains on marriage season demand, global cues
- QE3 tapering round the corner, how will it impact commodities?
- India Gold ETF's outflows continue, Equity funds witness growth
- Huge growth in Indian Pension sector, corpus to exceed US$1 trn by 2025
- MCX Copper shrinks as Indian Rupee gains, Crude Oil sideways
- India Gold imports may fall sharply in 2014, Jewellery retail hit by low margins