Last Updated : 18 March 2011 at 14:30 IST
India outgrows US in energy efficiency
- Spices, Oilseeds counter bearish, Sugar range bound: SMC
- In oilseeds complex, Mustard January may remain below 3820 on increase acreage, adequate carryover stocks. Soybean decline seems to be capped with robust soymeal exports which has doubled to 503,269 tons in November compared to a month ago. Apri
- read more
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
In a report, TCG said India’s Clean Revolution makes the compelling argument that by prioritizing low carbon development now, India is creating a better, more secure, and more prosperous future for its more than one billion people.
India’s share of the $2.2 trillion market for low carbon goods and services in 2020 could be as much as $135 billion, creating 10.5 million green jobs, and is likely to grow faster than any other country, the report added.
India is making more progress than US on energy efficiency, and this market is expected to treble to INR 351,000 crore ($77 billion) in the next ten years.
The report also said the country is now fifth in the world in terms of wind energy production.
The report suggested that bold low carbon policies will increase India’s energy independence and help provide access to energy to those who still lack it.
Low cost labor and highly skilled manufacturing base will make India a major hub for clean technologies and the rate of increase of India’s private investment in clean energy will be 736% over the next ten years, three times that of US or China.
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14
- India Rabi Oil Seeds acreage jumps 3.54% Y/Y to 74.74 lakh hectares
- China Communist Party plenum goals may benefit commodities
- India Gold remains weak, Crude Oil falls on profit booking, Copper up
- Erratic weather in Asia is a setback for Rice crop
- Gold options indicates bullish sentiment: Saxo Bank