Last Updated : 05 July 2012 at 18:35 IST
India plans to expand Jute exports through value added products
To boost the jute exports, India plans to expand its presence in U.S, Canada and Turkey with diversified jute products such as bags, apparels and accessories.
China's crude oil imports advanced 0.8% year-on-year to 23.56 million tons, or 5.76 million barre..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
KOLKATA (Commodity Online): To boost jute exports, India plans to expand its presence in U.S, Canada and Turkey with diversified jute products such as bags, apparels and accessories.
U.S accounts for about 15-18% of the country’s total exports and mainly consist of in the form of yarn and fabrics.
According to Atri Bhattacharya, Secretary, National Jute Board and the Jute Commissioner of India, presently, exports account for 20% of the total jute market in the country and this year, the exports are likely to grow further.
With the present depreciation in rupee against US dollar, the industry is likely to gain more profit from exports.
The industry is presently facing problems over delayed rains and lack of skilled labours. The jute production of India for 2012-13 is likely to drop 12% to 95 lakh bales (1 bale – 180 kg) as compared with 108 lakh bales last year.
Meanwhile, India is also planning to step in to West Asia and European markets with the jute based products.
- India Veg Oil imports climb by 35% Y/Y to 944,309 tons in Nov 13
- US Marcellus-Utica Natural Gas output may grow by 3.3Bcf/d in 14 Y/Y
- Indian Railways carry 677.56 mn tons of freight during April-Nov 13
- Shale Gas boom or bumper crop: What will drive the Guar complex?
- Indian Sugar industry should maintain market equilibrium, diversify products: Minister
- India Diesel prices may not be hiked, OMC's not to be impacted: Ind-Ra