Last Updated : 22 November 2011 at 11:45 IST
India to raise ethanol blending in petrol to 10%
India government is likely to raise the ethanol blending in petrol to 10% in a year as a part of the ethanol blending programme (EBP) to promote bio-fuels, according to Dr Farooq Abdullah , Minister for New and Renewable Energy .
- Gold, Silver may trade weak; Crude Oil to remain stable
- Exchange-traded products in gold -- investment vehicles that give investors exposure to bullion through issuing securities backed by the physical metal -- have seen huge outflows this year.
- read more
Continued year-over-year declines in U.S. beef production are expected to push beef exports lower..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW DELHI (Commodity Online): India government is likely to raise the ethanol blending in petrol to 10% in a year as a part of the ethanol blending programme (EBP) to promote bio-fuels, according to Dr Farooq Abdullah , Minister for New and Renewable Energy .
Earlier, the government had made it mandatory for the OMC's to blend 5% ethanol with petrol as part of the EBP.
According to Dr Abdullah, the government will soon set the price for ethanol as the sugar mills and are not happy with the price getting from the OMC's.If the farmers are not getting the right price then they would switch to other crops, reported Business Standard.
The sugar millers wants the ethanol prices to be at Rs 35-36 a litre. Presently, the OMC's are paying Rs 27 per litre.
According to the sugar industry officials, the millers agreed to supply 60 crore litres of ethanol to OMCs at a price of Rs 27 per litre in 2011-12.
Last year, the sugar millers had sold around 30 crore litre ethanol to OMCs to blend with petrol.
- US Natural Gas exports to Mexico to average 2.0 Bcf/d in 2013: Barclays
- Copper prices above $7,500/t is an opportunity to short: Barclays
- The time has come for Indians to break up with Gold
- China shines as Stainless Steel output climbs globally by 5.2% in 2012
- Will North American Energy revolution prompt US' Middle East military withdrawal?
- MCX Lead, Nickel positive; resistance 110.5 and 828