Last Updated : 08 November 2012 at 16:10 IST
Indian Cabinet approves financial sanction to 21 textile parks
In October 2010, the CCEA approved a proposal for “Sanction of additional Parks under SITP to utilize the balance Rs.200 crore in the 11th Plan and number of projects to be limited in such a way that committed liability of the new Parks does not exceed Rs.200 crore in the 12th Plan”.
- Crude Oil likely to trade higher on TransCanada pipeline opening
- Spot gold prices fell around 0.9 percent today taking cues from strength in the DX coupled with mixed global market sentiments. Also, declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings acted as negative factor. In the Indian markets, gold prices declined around 0
- read more
Pakistan exported 203,712 metric tons of basmati rice worth $189.80 million in the July- October ..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW DELHI(Commodity Online): India Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved to start implementation and issuing financial sanction to 21 textile parks. The textile parks were sanctioned in the 11th Plan and to carry over the committed liability beyond Rs.200 crore amounting to Rs.819 crore into the 12th Plan, in amendment of the approval granted by the CCEA in October, 2010.
The CCEA further approved the adoption of amendments in guidelines of the scheme to improve implementation.
The scheme of Integrated Textile Parks has been successful in terms of leveraging private sector investment, employment generation and creation of need-based and product based world class state of the art infrastructure for the industry. With the increasing costs of production in the established clusters and highlighted emphasis on environmental compliances, there is a growing need for establishment of such green field textile parks.
In October 2010, the CCEA approved a proposal for “Sanction of additional Parks under SITP to utilize the balance Rs.200 crore in the 11th Plan and number of projects to be limited in such a way that committed liability of the new Parks does not exceed Rs.200 crore in the 12th Plan”. In accordance with this decision, 21 parks were sanctioned.
The process of releases took longer than anticipated and therefore funds available in the 11th Plan could not be utilized
- India Crude Oil gets support from fall in stockpiles, Copper sideways
- Gold falls to 5 month low on US stimulus fears, MCX Gold to remain weak
- Short covering at lower levels supports India Soybean, Soy Oil
- US Corn, Soybeans stocks to tighten on potential increase in exports
- US Crude Oil near 1 month high amid drop in stockpiles, MCX Crude Oil opens up
- Pulses inflation nosedives: Indians can have a protein rich diet