Last Updated : 09 April 2012 at 16:05 IST
India's cottonseed output to fall on lower demand, rising production cost
Due to rising production cost and lack lustre demand, the cottonseed production in the country is expected to move down significantly, according to P. Satish Kumar, Secretary of Andhra Pradesh Seedsmen Association.
- Gold, Silver may trade weak; Crude Oil to remain stable
- Exchange-traded products in gold -- investment vehicles that give investors exposure to bullion through issuing securities backed by the physical metal -- have seen huge outflows this year.
- read more
Continued year-over-year declines in U.S. beef production are expected to push beef exports lower..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW DELHI (Commodity Online): Due to rising production cost and lack lustre demand, the cottonseed production in the country is expected to move down significantly, according to P. Satish Kumar, Secretary of Andhra Pradesh Seedsmen Association.
According to reports, the use of the seeds is likely to decrease by 5% over the year on lack lustre demand.
According to reports, the price of the commodity may move down by Rs 68 a packet, if companies sold seed with redgram seed.
Meanwhile, cotton remains an important commodity despite the present price levels are lower as there is no alternatives for it.
The price of the commodity last year Last year was Rs 825 a packet (BG-I) and Rs 1,000 (BG-II) in the North Zone and in Central and South Zone, it was around Rs 830 (BG-I) and Rs 930 (BG-II).
Meanwhile, according to Andhra Pradesh Seedsmen Association, if the government do not take necessary action to control the input cost, the production of the seeds will move down further.
Cottonseed is used as cattle feeds, used in making cotton seed oil, Lotions and Soaps and Fertilizer.
- Brazil Crude Oil output growth expected 110k b/d in 2013: Barclays
- Silver COT report: The day the numbers lied
- UNICA data may induce further price pressure on Sugar: Deutsche Bank
- China Gold demand vs India Gold demand: Which is more consistent?
- Platinum prices to average $1687/oz in 2013: Barclays
- US Natural Gas industrial demand to grow 400 Mmcf/d in 2013: Barclays