Last Updated : 09 November 2012 at 11:45 IST
India's Oct Natural Rubber imports rise 114% y/y on low output
Source :Commodity Online
India's October natural rubber imports rose nearly 114% year-on-year to 18,326 metric tons mainly due low production.
- MCX Natural Gas positive, support at 227 levels
- On Wednesday trade, Natural Gas May contract rose to a high of 235.20 Rs/mmBtu at 02.48 pm IST and is expected to trade positive in later session. For intra-day, support is now seen at 227, 224 levels and resistance at 236 & 238, analyst said.
- read more
As per April 25 reports, Norilsk Nickel has announced that it is closing its Lake Johnston operat..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
KERALA, INDIA (Commodity Online): The world's fourth biggest natural rubber producer India's imports more than doubled in October this year due to low output.
According to the country's Rubber Board data, natural rubber production dropped by 3% year-on-year to 86,300 metric tons in October. India produced 89,300 metric tons of natural rubber a year earlier.
The production dropped mainly due to the heavy rains in Kerala, southwest India, reduced the tapping of rubber trees in October. India's natural rubber output peaks during October-January and starts falling from February, said the state run Rubber Board.
India imported 18,326 metric tons of natural rubber in October, a figure that has advanced nearly 114% from 8,574 metric tons a year earlier. Country's natural rubber imports gained significantly by 31.3% year-on-year to 130,966 tonnes in the first seven months of the financial year that started on April 1st, the agency noted.
India's natural rubber consumption advanced by 8.5% year-on-year to 83,000 tonnes in October this year, said the Rubber Board.
The south Asian country imports natural rubber mainly from Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam.
Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia account for about 70% of world's rubber production, used to make tyres and gloves. Thailand is the world’s biggest natural rubber producer with an output of about 3 million tons annually, Indonesia produces over 2 million tons and Malaysia about 1 million tons.
Thailand is also the world's largest exporter of natural rubber and it’s production accounts for roughly one third of the global supply.
- MCX Crude Palm Oil bullish; 475 resistance
- NCDEX Chilli bullish; Coriander, Turmeric positive
- China April Silver imports down 28% y/y at 172 tons: Barclays
- Bernanke testifying before US Congress plus FOMC meeting minutes would drive Gold, Silver
- World Crude Steel output rises by 1.2% to 132 mn tons in April 2013 Y/Y: WorldSteel
- Barclays: Outcomes on Metal flows as China cracks down on Copper entrepot trade