Last Updated : 07 December 2012 at 22:50 IST
Iron Ore, China Steel rebars gain strength on positive China data
Source :Commodity Online
Higher infrastructure investment plans, pro-growth policies are providing momentum to iron ore, steel prices. Steel production in China has averaged 1.9 mn tons per day since October, compared with .6 million tons last year as mills record higher margins
- Crude Oil likely to trade higher on TransCanada pipeline opening
- Spot gold prices fell around 0.9 percent today taking cues from strength in the DX coupled with mixed global market sentiments. Also, declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings acted as negative factor. In the Indian markets, gold prices declined around 0
- read more
Pakistan exported 203,712 metric tons of basmati rice worth $189.80 million in the July- October ..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
BEIJING (Commodity Online): Positive China data, expected growth in steel demand are pushing prices of iron ore and steel rebar futures higher in China.
Iron ore fines prices quoted at Tianjin port in China rose 4.7% this week to $121 per dry ton for 62% Fe fines, 0.4% up at $107.8/dry ton for 58% Fe content, according to The Steel Index (TSI). At Qingdao port, 62% Fe 2% Al iron ore fines rose 0.6% to $122.1/dry ton while 63.5%, 63% Fe rose 0.6% to $123.2/dry ton.
Steel reinforcement-bar futures posted the biggest weekly climb in more than two years on expectations a strengthening Chinese economy will boost demand.
Rebar for May delivery rose 1.7 percent to close at 3,656 yuan ($587) a metric ton on theShanghai Futures Exchange. Futures climbed 4.6 percent this week, the biggest such gain since the week ended Oct. 15, 2010.
Higher infrastructure investment plans, pro-growth policies are providing momentum to iron ore, steel prices. Steel production in China has averaged 1.9 mn tons per day since October, compared with .6 million tons last year as mills record higher margins, Bloomberg quoting Yu Yang of Shenyin Wanguo Futures Co said.
The average spot price of rebar, used in housing construction and infrastructure projects, fell 0.1 percent to 3,548 yuan a ton today, according to data from Beijing
- India Crude Oil gets support from fall in stockpiles, Copper sideways
- Gold falls to 5 month low on US stimulus fears, MCX Gold to remain weak
- Short covering at lower levels supports India Soybean, Soy Oil
- US Corn, Soybeans stocks to tighten on potential increase in exports
- US Crude Oil near 1 month high amid drop in stockpiles, MCX Crude Oil opens up
- Pulses inflation nosedives: Indians can have a protein rich diet