Last Updated : 06 October 2012 at 15:15 IST
Lead poised for more gains in 2013 as market tightens: BNP Paribas
The Lead rose by 23% in the third quarter. The bank looks for demand growth in 2012 of 4% to 4.5%, then 5% next year.
- Spices, Oilseeds counter bearish, Sugar range bound: SMC
- In oilseeds complex, Mustard January may remain below 3820 on increase acreage, adequate carryover stocks. Soybean decline seems to be capped with robust soymeal exports which has doubled to 503,269 tons in November compared to a month ago. Apri
- read more
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
LONDON (Commodity Online): Lead may be poised for further gains, although a period of consolidation may be needed first, according to BNP Paribas in a commodities snippet.
“The metal rose 23% in the third quarter. The bank looks for demand growth in 2012 of 4% to 4.5%, then 5% next year. Producers may struggle to keep up with demand in future years,” said Stephen Briggs, senior metals strategist with BNP Paribas.
A 100,000-metric-ton supply surplus is expected for 2012. However, the bulk of this occurred in the first half and the lead market may move into a small deficit in 2013 that will widen in 2014.
“Visible stocks are already quite low and even if some unreported inventory does resurface, we expect the market to become genuinely tight over the next two years. Following lead's price recovery, this prospect may be partly priced in already, so a correction is quite possible in the short term.
However, “we are firmly of the view that there is much upside potential over the next year or so, as real tightness begins to bite. Our price target for late 2013/early 2014 remains USD2,800/t,” BNP Paribas concluded.
- Market surplus, higher mine supply to weigh on Silver
- Expansion in manufacturing to strengthen Base Metals demand further
- US Crude Oil prices may average $96.5 per bbl, Brent $104.8 in 2014
- FTIL's ODIN trading platform not be impacted by NSEL crisis
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14
- India Rabi Oil Seeds acreage jumps 3.54% Y/Y to 74.74 lakh hectares