Last Updated : 02 October 2012 at 23:15 IST
‘Palladium ETFs record outflows in 3Q; inflows for Platinum ETFs’
Source :Commodity Online
The direction of palladium ETF flows turned sharply in Q3, which is in stark contrast to the strong buying seen during the first four months of the year.
- Precious, base metals, Crude Oil may trade negative on weak global sentiments
- Taking cues from decline in spot gold prices coupled with weak global market sentiments, Spot silver prices decreased by 0.53 percent today. However, favourable economic data from Germany along with weakness in DX cushioned sharp fall in the prices.
- read more
The USDA forecasts 2013/14 Canada rapeseed production at 14.5 million tons, up 9 percent from las..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
LONDON (Commodity Online): Physically backed palladium exchange-traded funds recorded net outflows during the just-completed third quarter, while platinum ETFs had inflows, said the Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS) in a commodity snippet.
According to UBS, Palladium ETFs had their worst quarterly showing since the fourth quarter of last year, with outflows of some 25,000 ounces.
“The direction of palladium ETF flows turned sharply in Q3, which is in stark contrast to the strong buying seen during the first four months of the year. The third quarter also marked a shift in investor preference away from palladium into platinum, with the latter posting 144koz of inflows,” the bank noted.
Meanwhile, gold ETFs surged by 4.32 million ounces for their strongest quarter since the second quarter of 2010, UBS concluded.
- MCX Natural Gas bullish; resistance at 242 and 245 levels
- Volatility may mark Gold futures in the days to come
- MCX Copper sideways to positive; resistance at 412 and 416.5 levels
- Shale Oil production outside US, Canada is no game-changer yet: BofAML
- NCDEX Turmeric range bound; 5700-6150 range
- NCDEX Sugar bearish; support 2970