Last Updated : 19 November 2012 at 11:35 IST
Palladium to outperform Gold, Silver over the next 2 years: BNP Paribas
Source :Commodity Online/BNP Paribas
Palladium is expected to outperform gold, silver and platinum over the next two years, said BNP Paribas. Platinum group metals are used in auto catalysts, and palladium will benefit from greater exposure to the improving U.S. and emerging markets.
- Gold, Silver may turn positive; Crude Oil to trade flat
- Crude oil counter may open on flat note as investors will eye the weekly EIA inventory data today. Overall it can trade in range of 5650-5850 in MCX.
- read more
Consumer price inflation in the U.S. rose for the first time in three months in May, while prices..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): Palladium is expected to outperform the rest of the precious metals complex over the next two years, said Paris based bank BNP Paribas in a commodity research note.
According to the French bank, palladium to average $780 an ounce next year, although this is down from a September call of $900/oz. Palladium to be the strongest precious metal next year and also looks for platinum to rise from current levels but continue trading at a discount to gold. Palladium has been hurt by concerns over global economic growth.
“However, better demand prospects for the metal in a context of higher economic growth, combined with severe constraints on the supply side, means that palladium’s current market deficit will become even larger next year,” said Anne-Laure Tremblay, precious-metals strategist at BNP Paribas.
She continued that, “this will eventually have to be reflected in a higher price, which we expect to take place more visibly in second half of next year.”
The Platinum is forecast at $1,705 next year, compared to a $1,820 forecast in September. Platinum is unlikely to recover its premium above gold until late 2014, she added.
Platinum group metals are used in auto catalysts, and palladium will benefit from greater exposure to the improving U.S. and emerging markets. These regions tend to rely more on gasoline vehicles that can use palladium rather than more-expensive platinum, BNP Paribas concluded.
- MCX Crude Oil bullish; resistance 5800
- MCX Silver sideways to bullish; resistance 44200
- MCX Gold sideways to bullish; resistances 28150, 28300
- MCX Natural Gas positive; resistances 231, 234
- MCX Copper bearish; support 407 and 403
- Attention Commodity Investors: Seven key data releases to watch out for the day