Last Updated : 27 April 2011 at 14:25 IST
Panel of ministers to decide on India wheat exports
- Spices, Oilseeds counter bearish, Sugar range bound: SMC
- In oilseeds complex, Mustard January may remain below 3820 on increase acreage, adequate carryover stocks. Soybean decline seems to be capped with robust soymeal exports which has doubled to 503,269 tons in November compared to a month ago. Apri
- read more
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
The minister had ruled out exports of wheat on Tuesday saying that such an action would affect the domestic prices.
He acknowledged that Indian agriculture minister’s statement favouring wheat exports was more in line with agriculture ministry’s priority for farmers.
Thomas pointed out that he had a different set of priorities as he was the food minister.
Meanwhile India, world’s second largest wheat producer, is likely to struggle again with its output this season, analysts said.
According to analysts India could easily sell around two million to three million tons of wheat stocks of roughly 32 million with little impact on domestic prices, but policy makers will be even more careful before liquidating their high-value wheat stocks.
The country is set to harvest 82.3 million tons in 2011, up from 80.8 million tons in 2010. India eats 76 million tons of wheat annually.
- Expansion in manufacturing to strengthen Base Metals demand further
- US Crude Oil prices may average $96.5 per bbl, Brent $104.8 in 2014
- FTIL's ODIN trading platform not be impacted by NSEL crisis
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14
- India Rabi Oil Seeds acreage jumps 3.54% Y/Y to 74.74 lakh hectares
- China Communist Party plenum goals may benefit commodities