Last Updated : 11 January 2012 at 17:00 IST
San Gold Corp's production hits a record 20,359 ounces in Q4 2011
San Gold Corporation (TSX: SGR) (OTCQX: SGRCF), a Canadian based gold producing company, has produced a record 20,359 ounces of gold in the fourth quarter with approximately 25,400 tons of ore in the surface stockpiles representing an additional 4,000 to 5,000 ounces of gold in front of the mill.
- Crude Oil likely to trade higher on expected inventory draw, grater demand outlook
- Spot gold prices traded on a negative note by around 0.5 percent today taking cues from mixed global market sentiments and declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings restricted sharp gains. However, weakness in the DX prevented further decline in the yell
- read more
India's rice crop production estimates for 2013-14 is lowered by 2.0 million tons to 103.0 millio..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
VANCOUVER (Commodity Online): San Gold Corporation (TSX: SGR) (OTCQX: SGRCF), a Canadian based gold producing company, has produced a record 20,359 ounces of gold in the fourth quarter with approximately 25,400 tons of ore in the surface stockpiles representing an additional 4,000 to 5,000 ounces of gold in front of the mill.
During December the operation established a new daily mill record of 2,056 tons per day, with an average throughput of 1,775 tons per day. The operation began the year at an average production rate of 829 tons per day.
San Gold President and Chief Executive Officer George Pirie said, “This has been a tremendous year for our production team at Rice Lake. We’ve executed a very aggressive development plan, increasing our milling capacity by two-thirds while building out an extensive mine complex along a new mining horizon. We are well positioned going into 2012 and will continue to aggressively pursue new opportunities as they emerge."
There were two planned events during the fourth quarter that resulted in lost milling opportunities. In the first two weeks of October, throughput rates in the flotation circuit were reduced while the second bank of new flotation cells was commissioned. In November, three milling days were lost due to the commissioning of the new screening plant and the relocation of the three stage crushing circuit. No upgrades that will affect mill throughput are planned through the first half of 2012.
Total gold production for 2011 was 74,280 ounces with 4,000 to 5,000 in surface stockpiles accumulated during the year, effectively meeting our full year guidance of 80,000 ounces. On an annualized basis, December production supports our 100,000 ounce production forecast for 2012.
- Gold slides back after gains on short covering, fresh buying
- India's Apparel exports on recovery path, grows 26% in Apr-Oct 2013
- Cereals Canada appreciates proposed Agricultural Growth Act
- Shale Gas boom or bumper crop: What will drive the Guar complex?
- Crude Oil to remain bearish in 2014 on surplus market balance: DB
- China's implied November Oil demand rises in Nov: Barclays