Last Updated : 11 January 2012 at 17:00 IST
San Gold Corp's production hits a record 20,359 ounces in Q4 2011
San Gold Corporation (TSX: SGR) (OTCQX: SGRCF), a Canadian based gold producing company, has produced a record 20,359 ounces of gold in the fourth quarter with approximately 25,400 tons of ore in the surface stockpiles representing an additional 4,000 to 5,000 ounces of gold in front of the mill.
- Precious, base metals, Crude Oil may trade negative on weak global sentiments
- Taking cues from decline in spot gold prices coupled with weak global market sentiments, Spot silver prices decreased by 0.53 percent today. However, favourable economic data from Germany along with weakness in DX cushioned sharp fall in the prices.
- read more
The USDA forecasts 2013/14 Canada rapeseed production at 14.5 million tons, up 9 percent from las..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
VANCOUVER (Commodity Online): San Gold Corporation (TSX: SGR) (OTCQX: SGRCF), a Canadian based gold producing company, has produced a record 20,359 ounces of gold in the fourth quarter with approximately 25,400 tons of ore in the surface stockpiles representing an additional 4,000 to 5,000 ounces of gold in front of the mill.
During December the operation established a new daily mill record of 2,056 tons per day, with an average throughput of 1,775 tons per day. The operation began the year at an average production rate of 829 tons per day.
San Gold President and Chief Executive Officer George Pirie said, “This has been a tremendous year for our production team at Rice Lake. We’ve executed a very aggressive development plan, increasing our milling capacity by two-thirds while building out an extensive mine complex along a new mining horizon. We are well positioned going into 2012 and will continue to aggressively pursue new opportunities as they emerge."
There were two planned events during the fourth quarter that resulted in lost milling opportunities. In the first two weeks of October, throughput rates in the flotation circuit were reduced while the second bank of new flotation cells was commissioned. In November, three milling days were lost due to the commissioning of the new screening plant and the relocation of the three stage crushing circuit. No upgrades that will affect mill throughput are planned through the first half of 2012.
Total gold production for 2011 was 74,280 ounces with 4,000 to 5,000 in surface stockpiles accumulated during the year, effectively meeting our full year guidance of 80,000 ounces. On an annualized basis, December production supports our 100,000 ounce production forecast for 2012.
- MCX Natural Gas bullish; resistance at 242 and 245 levels
- Volatility may mark Gold futures in the days to come
- MCX Copper sideways to positive; resistance at 412 and 416.5 levels
- Shale Oil production outside US, Canada is no game-changer yet: BofAML
- NCDEX Turmeric range bound; 5700-6150 range
- NCDEX Sugar bearish; support 2970