Last Updated : 28 November 2012 at 15:15 IST
Silver may be ready for a rally above $44/oz by year end: TDS
Source :Commodity Online
The combination of industrial consumption, investor demand and a poor primary silver production outlook next year prompts them to think that the metal could trend above $44 an ounce by the end of the year.
- Spices, Oilseeds counter bearish, Sugar range bound: SMC
- In oilseeds complex, Mustard January may remain below 3820 on increase acreage, adequate carryover stocks. Soybean decline seems to be capped with robust soymeal exports which has doubled to 503,269 tons in November compared to a month ago. Apri
- read more
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): Silver may be ready for a rally above $44 an ounce by the end of this year, said TD Securities in a commodity snippet.
According to TDS, the combination of industrial consumption, investor demand and a poor primary silver production outlook next year prompts them to think that the metal could trend above $44 an ounce by the end of the year.
TDS also noted that, palladium has potential for much upside over the next year. They expects the metal to trade near $975 an ounce in roughly a year due to a deficit in 2013, diminishing supplies out of Russia and South Africa, plus firm investment and demand from the auto-catalyst sector as the Chinese and U.S. economies strengthen.
“It was not surprising to see the metal fare well after the bullish supply/demand report from Johnson Matthey this month calling for a supply deficit this year,” said Bart Melek, director of commodity strategy with TD Securities.
“We expects palladium to post a deficit of some 876,000 ounces in 2013 and 1.123 million in 2014, building on a projected deficit of some 780,000 this year. We like platinum for similar reasons,” TDS concluded.
- Expansion in manufacturing to strengthen Base Metals demand further
- US Crude Oil prices may average $96.5 per bbl, Brent $104.8 in 2014
- FTIL's ODIN trading platform not be impacted by NSEL crisis
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14
- India Rabi Oil Seeds acreage jumps 3.54% Y/Y to 74.74 lakh hectares
- China Communist Party plenum goals may benefit commodities