Last Updated : 16 November 2012 at 13:35 IST
'Silver may shoot up to $45/Oz in 2013’
Source :Commodity Online
Strong investment demand, higher gold prices on the back of monetary easing, rising inflation expectations and the persistence of ultra-low interest rates," are among the factors that will lure buyers to the safety of silver.
- Commodities may trade negative on Fed stimulus tapering concerns
- Spot gold prices traded on a negative note by around 0.6 percent today on the back of rising concerns of early QE taper after the US lawmakers reached a budget agreement. Also, weak global market sentiments and declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings a
- read more
China's crude oil imports advanced 0.8% year-on-year to 23.56 million tons, or 5.76 million barre..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): Poor man's gold silver prices may shoot up from recent lows to as much as $45 an ounce next year, said Philip Klapwijk, the Global Head of metals analytics at Thompson Reuters GFMS.
Silver has been called the most volatile of metals. But silver's volatility is probably going to provide an opportunity for investors to push it higher.
Klapwijk said that "We are thinking prices will trend higher next year. I'm not convinced that we are going to $50. I think we will definitely see $40 to $45 prices."
“White metal prices may advance as much as 38% next year from recent levels, as a weak global economy spurs safe-haven demand for the precious metal,” he added.
"Strong investment demand, higher gold prices on the back of monetary easing, rising inflation expectations and the persistence of ultra-low interest rates," are among the factors that will lure buyers to the safety of silver, Klapwijk noted.
Global silver prices ended the United States day session slightly lower on Thursday. December silver last traded down $0.265 at $32.615 an ounce on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange.
- Factors that are driving global markets this week
- India Veg Oil imports climb by 35% Y/Y to 944,309 tons in Nov 13
- US Marcellus-Utica Natural Gas output may grow by 3.3Bcf/d in 14 Y/Y
- Indian Railways carry 677.56 mn tons of freight during April-Nov 13
- Shale Gas boom or bumper crop: What will drive the Guar complex?
- Indian Sugar industry should maintain market equilibrium, diversify products: Minister