Last Updated : 27 October 2012 at 18:10 IST
Silver may trend higher in Q4; gain in 2013: BNP Paribas
Source :Commodity Online
Looking at the fourth quarter, silver prices should trend higher and should gain in 2013. Tremblay expected that the gold/silver ratio to fall below 50 as silver gains on gold.
- Commodities may trade negative on Fed stimulus tapering concerns
- Spot gold prices traded on a negative note by around 0.6 percent today on the back of rising concerns of early QE taper after the US lawmakers reached a budget agreement. Also, weak global market sentiments and declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings a
- read more
China's crude oil imports advanced 0.8% year-on-year to 23.56 million tons, or 5.76 million barre..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): Investment demand should support silver, as the metal benefits from higher gold prices, and may benefit the most from loose monetary policy and a rebound in risk appetite, according to BNP Paribas.
However, silver could be vulnerable to a sharp correction once the gold rally ends. The poor consumer demand is hurting the industrial use of silver, while high prices and poor demand have dented jewelry demand, said Anne-Laure Tremblay, precious-metals strategist with BNP Paribas.
Mine supply will remain at a record level, but supply growth is slowing. Looking at the fourth quarter, silver prices should trend higher and should gain in 2013. Tremblay expected that the gold/silver ratio to fall below 50 as silver gains on gold.
- Factors that are driving global markets this week
- India Veg Oil imports climb by 35% Y/Y to 944,309 tons in Nov 13
- US Marcellus-Utica Natural Gas output may grow by 3.3Bcf/d in 14 Y/Y
- Indian Railways carry 677.56 mn tons of freight during April-Nov 13
- Shale Gas boom or bumper crop: What will drive the Guar complex?
- Indian Sugar industry should maintain market equilibrium, diversify products: Minister