Last Updated : 03 January 2013 at 11:00 IST
Silver: The top performing precious metal after fiscal cliff deal
Source :Commodity Online/Triland Metals
Silver has been the biggest gainer in the precious-metals complex after U.S. lawmakers reached an agreement on taxes but delayed other decisions such as the debt ceiling and government spending.
Tanzania, East Africa’s largest cotton producer, is expected to produce 235825 tons of cott..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): Silver has been the biggest gainer in the precious-metals complex after U.S. lawmakers reached an agreement on taxes but delayed other decisions such as the debt ceiling and government spending, said Triland Metals in a commodity snippet.
Shortly before the Comex pit close, March silver was 95.3 cents, or 3.2%, stronger at $31.18.
“The kicking of the fiscal cliff can down the road for two months has induced a risk-on rally across the globe,” they added.
The firm also noted that, “Silver has been the main mover today with physical and speculative buyers evident, but as with gold on low volume.”
Chart support was between put $29.50 and $29.75 and between $32 and $32.25. For February gold, support is seen between $1,670 to $1,675 and resistance around $1,695 and $1,700.
- India Gold bearish, US Gold near 5 month low on tapering fears
- US Gold five month low, firm data weigh
- Three UAE based Gold refineries complete responsible sourcing audits
- MCX Gold, Crude Oil, Copper decline as Indian Rupee soar
- Gold snaps gains on US stimulus fears, China PMI beats projections
- Natgas powers ahead, Copper, Oil, Gold in negative trend