Last Updated : 25 October 2012 at 22:40 IST
Standout central bank Gold action includes Venezuelan sales, Brazil buys: UBS
Source :Commodity Online
Since the much publicized action of bringing its gold home, Venezuela has been a net seller of gold, with a previous 119,000-ounce sale in July and a chunkier offloading in December.
- Precious, base metals, Crude Oil may trade negative on weak global sentiments
- Taking cues from decline in spot gold prices coupled with weak global market sentiments, Spot silver prices decreased by 0.53 percent today. However, favourable economic data from Germany along with weakness in DX cushioned sharp fall in the prices.
- read more
The USDA forecasts 2013/14 Canada rapeseed production at 14.5 million tons, up 9 percent from las..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): Some of standout activity in the IMF central bank gold data for August and September include Venezuela selling 120,000 and Brazil buying 56,000 ounces, said Edel Tully, precious metals strategist at UBS.
She continued that, “since the much publicized action of bringing its gold home, Venezuela has been a net seller of gold, with a previous 119,000-ounce sale in July and a chunkier offloading in December.”
“We have to assume that, given their precedence over recent months, the country will continue with this policy, albeit irregularly. After August's sale, Venezuela now has 11.52 million ounces (of) reserves remaining,” she noted.
Regarding Brazil, this purchase is the first since the first quarter of 1999 and should be deemed as a positive for the gold market, Tully concluded.
- MCX Natural Gas bullish; resistance at 242 and 245 levels
- Volatility may mark Gold futures in the days to come
- MCX Copper sideways to positive; resistance at 412 and 416.5 levels
- Shale Oil production outside US, Canada is no game-changer yet: BofAML
- NCDEX Turmeric range bound; 5700-6150 range
- NCDEX Sugar bearish; support 2970