Last Updated : 28 May 2012 at 16:20 IST
Sugar prices to dip in 2013-14 on huge carry over stock
On the back of higher production in current season and coming season amid huge carry over stocks, global sugar prices may drop drastically for 2013-14.
- Spices, Oilseeds counter bearish, Sugar range bound: SMC
- In oilseeds complex, Mustard January may remain below 3820 on increase acreage, adequate carryover stocks. Soybean decline seems to be capped with robust soymeal exports which has doubled to 503,269 tons in November compared to a month ago. Apri
- read more
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
MUMBAI (Commodity Online): On the back of higher production in current season and coming season amid huge carry over stocks, global sugar prices may drop drastically for 2013-14.
According to reports for various agencies, global sugar production for 2012-13 is expected to be around 177.6 million tons, while consumption is forecast to 169.5 million tons. Around 4.6 million tons of sugar is expected to remain as carry over stock for 2013-14.
In addition to it, the carry over stock also includes 8.1 million tons of 2011-12 and 1.7 million tons of 2010-11.
Presently, the price of the commodity in both global as well as domestic market is sliding over record production in Brazil and in India.
Brazil's Sugar production will likely remain steady at around 32.8 million tons and India's is expected to be around 26 million tons for 2011-12.
In Inter-Continental Exchange (ICE), sugar for July delivery up 0.04 cents to 19.62 cents per bushel on Friday and in India's National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX), the commodity for 0.42% to Rs 2826 per atl on Monday, 28th May at 16:05 IST.
- Expansion in manufacturing to strengthen Base Metals demand further
- US Crude Oil prices may average $96.5 per bbl, Brent $104.8 in 2014
- FTIL's ODIN trading platform not be impacted by NSEL crisis
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14
- India Rabi Oil Seeds acreage jumps 3.54% Y/Y to 74.74 lakh hectares
- China Communist Party plenum goals may benefit commodities