Last Updated : 19 October 2012 at 12:45 IST
Supply shock boosts Platinum ETPs: ETF Securities
Source :Commodity Online/ETFS
Labour strikes in South Africa, which produces 80% of the world’s platinum supply, reduced platinum supply causing a surge in the platinum price and investor demand during the quarter.
China's natural rubber and latex imports reached a record 270,000 metric tons in November this ye..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
LONDON (Commodity Online): Platinum ETPs also saw strong demand in Q3 2012, with new inflows of $229mn, bringing total platinum ETP holdings to $2.9bn.
Labour strikes in South Africa, which produces 80% of the world’s platinum supply, reduced platinum supply causing a surge in the platinum price and investor demand during the quarter, according to a quarterly report from ETF Securities Ltd.
Some of the flows likely reflect tactical investors taking advantage of the upward price momentum, though some investors have been using long platinum ETPs as a way to hedge their exposure to South African mining company equities.
- Coriander likely to make a kill, Buy recommended
- Short covering supports US Gold, Crude Oil steady; MCX Gold negative
- A pretty picture for Silver demand in industry, better future
- Wearable and flexible Textile Battery developed
- Market surplus, higher mine supply to weigh on Silver
- Expansion in manufacturing to strengthen Base Metals demand further