Last Updated : 21 November 2012 at 16:35 IST
Swiss trade data suggest Russian Palladium shipments subdued in Oct: Barclays
Source :Commodity Online/Barclays Capital
A breakdown of the Swiss data shows that palladium imports rose by 8% year-on-year but fell 54% month-on-month to 61,000 ounces, with shipments from Russia maintaining a steady,slower pace at 6,000.
- Commodities may trade negative on Fed stimulus tapering concerns
- Spot gold prices traded on a negative note by around 0.6 percent today on the back of rising concerns of early QE taper after the US lawmakers reached a budget agreement. Also, weak global market sentiments and declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings a
- read more
China's crude oil imports advanced 0.8% year-on-year to 23.56 million tons, or 5.76 million barre..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
LONDON (Commodity Online): Swiss trade data for October shows that Russian palladium shipments remained "subdued" during the month, said Barclays Capital in a commodity research note.
Analysts tend to monitor Swiss data to track movement of palladium out of Russia. Overall, the report showed that Switzerland remained a net exporter of platinum for a second month and was a net exporter of palladium, reversing the trend over the past couple of months.
A breakdown of the data shows that palladium imports rose by 8% year-on-year but fell 54% month-on-month to 61,000 ounces, with shipments from Russia maintaining a steady,slower pace at 6,000. Shipments from Russia for the year to date are down 62% year-on-year to 142,000 ounces after totaling 550,000 for the full-year 2011, the British bank added.
"Even barring a pickup in November and December, Russian shipments have slowed significantly through the course of the year, and although not conclusive evidence of reduced state stocks, the trend remains supportive," Barclays noted.
Further, the bank noted that while Russian shipments to Hong Kong have picked up this year, they are not enough to offset the slowdown of shipments to Switzerland.
- Gold prices to average $ 1,200 an ounce level next year: Citi Research, UBS
- Factors that are driving global markets this week
- India Veg Oil imports climb by 35% Y/Y to 944,309 tons in Nov 13
- US Marcellus-Utica Natural Gas output may grow by 3.3Bcf/d in 14 Y/Y
- Indian Railways carry 677.56 mn tons of freight during April-Nov 13
- Shale Gas boom or bumper crop: What will drive the Guar complex?