Last Updated : 11 October 2012 at 20:20 IST
UBS raises Gold, Silver, Copper 2012, 2013 price forecasts
Source :Commodity Online
The open-ended nature of QE … promises longevity for a higher gold trade and the quantitative easing and strength in gold also supports silver.
- Spices, Oilseeds counter bearish, Sugar range bound: SMC
- In oilseeds complex, Mustard January may remain below 3820 on increase acreage, adequate carryover stocks. Soybean decline seems to be capped with robust soymeal exports which has doubled to 503,269 tons in November compared to a month ago. Apri
- read more
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): Zurich based investment bank UBS AG (SIX: UBSN, NYSE: UBS) lifts its 2012 average estimate for gold prices by $20 an ounce to $1,700 and its 2013 estimate to $1,900 from $1,725.
“The open-ended nature of QE … promises longevity for a higher gold trade and the quantitative easing and strength in gold also supports silver,” the Swiss bank noted.
"We also materially increase our silver price 2012/13 price forecasts (including the long-term price). Copper price estimates are raised 2 per cent/6 per cent in 2012/13. Iron ore is trimmed 5 per cent/2 per cent in 2012/13, and met-coal 5 per cent in 2012. We believe thermal coal has now largely rebalanced after widespread production cuts," they added.
For platinum, the bank boosts its 2012 average price estimate by $10 an ounce to $1,575, leaving its 2013 estimate unchanged at $1,800.
“The biggest price lift has already occurred, by a US recovery and underperforming, high-cost South Africa mines are two key supports,” UBS continued.
They lower their palladium 2012 price forecast by $15 to $655, but say eventually palladium will be supported by the U.S. economic recovery and dwindling Russian stocks.
- Expansion in manufacturing to strengthen Base Metals demand further
- US Crude Oil prices may average $96.5 per bbl, Brent $104.8 in 2014
- FTIL's ODIN trading platform not be impacted by NSEL crisis
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14
- India Rabi Oil Seeds acreage jumps 3.54% Y/Y to 74.74 lakh hectares
- China Communist Party plenum goals may benefit commodities