Last Updated : 10 October 2012 at 22:55 IST
'Urgency to buy Gold has subsided’
Source :Commodity Online
Dealers still see gold prices rising into the year’s end but the short-term outlook is hazy.
- Crude Oil likely to trade higher on TransCanada pipeline opening
- Spot gold prices fell around 0.9 percent today taking cues from strength in the DX coupled with mixed global market sentiments. Also, declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings acted as negative factor. In the Indian markets, gold prices declined around 0
- read more
Pakistan exported 203,712 metric tons of basmati rice worth $189.80 million in the July- October ..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
NEW YORK (Commodity Online): Gold prices may be a bit top-heavy, said Alex Thorndike, senior trader, precious metals and foreign exchange at MKS Capital.
“The rapid buildup of speculative length on both Comex and various ETF's, coupled with the yellow metals inability to breach $1,790-96, may be a cause of concern (for) weak longs and consequently is forcing some frustrated liquidation…. What is also a concern is the fact that the urgency to buy gold, seen post QE3 announcement, has certainly subsided,” he added.
Dealers still see gold prices rising into the year’s end but the short-term outlook is hazy. “I am of the camp that we will need another clean out, similar to the one seen back on Sept. 26, when we had the solid flush out through $1,750 to touch $1,735,” he concluded.
- The conflicting economic and religious views on Speculation and Money
- US Corn, Soybeans stocks to tighten on potential increase in exports
- US Crude Oil near 1 month high amid drop in stockpiles, MCX Crude Oil opens up
- Pulses inflation nosedives: Indians can have a protein rich diet
- Global Aluminium market may witness 275Kt deficit in 2014
- MCX Crude Oil rises tracking US Crude Oil, Copper may fall further