Last Updated : 14 November 2012 at 13:35 IST
Vietnam exports 102,759 MT Pepper in Jan-Oct 2012
The export value increased 9.5% (60.6 million USD) and reached $697 million of which black pepper ushered in $564.4 million and white pepper $132.2 million.
- MCX Daily Report: Mentha Oil hit upper circuit, Silver slumps
- Gold June has fallen 0.96% to 25587 Rs/10gm. For Gold June contract, support is now seen at 25311, 25130 and resistance at 25680 & 25901, analyst said.
- read more
The USDA forecasts 2012/13 Mexico sugar production at 6.216 million metric tons (mt), an increase..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
HANOI (Commodity Online): From the beginning of Januay to end of October, Vietnam exported 102,759 metric tons (mts) of pepper which included 88,435 mts black pepper and 14,324 mts white pepper, the total quantity being less by 7.4% at 8,197 mts (black pepper 5,850mts & white pepper 2,347mts) than that of the same period last year.
However the export value increased 9.5% (60.6 million USD) and reached $697 million of which black pepper ushered in $564.4 million and white pepper $132.2 million.
The average export price of black pepper for 10 months was $6,382 USD/mt and white pepper was $9,229/mt. The price of black pepper was $1,016/mt and white pepper was $1,427/mt higher than the same period of 2011.
US was still the biggest import market (14,226mts, 13.8%) followed by UAE, Germany, Holland, Singapore, India and Egypt. For white pepper, Germany is the biggest importer (3,371mts) and then Holland (2,040mts) and US (1,517mts).
According to reports the total pepper output of the world in 2012 was estimated at 324,090 mts (6,340 mts higher than 2011).
- Comex Silver at $24/oz, MCX Silver at 47000-48000: Possible in two weeks or three
- Technically speaking: Why R.J. O' Brien & Associates thinks Gold could rally to $1500/oz
- India man made Staple Fibre imports fall to $50.47 mn value-wise for April 2013: Report
- Asian LNG buyers most likely to seek long-term supply commitments: Barclays
- Gold may not find support from physical market as seasonal demand wanes: Barclays
- MCX Crude Oil sideways, range bound; book profit in narrow range