Last Updated : 14 November 2012 at 13:35 IST
Vietnam exports 102,759 MT Pepper in Jan-Oct 2012
The export value increased 9.5% (60.6 million USD) and reached $697 million of which black pepper ushered in $564.4 million and white pepper $132.2 million.
- Commodities may trade negative on Fed stimulus tapering concerns
- Spot gold prices traded on a negative note by around 0.6 percent today on the back of rising concerns of early QE taper after the US lawmakers reached a budget agreement. Also, weak global market sentiments and declining trend in SPDR Gold holdings a
- read more
China's crude oil imports advanced 0.8% year-on-year to 23.56 million tons, or 5.76 million barre..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
HANOI (Commodity Online): From the beginning of Januay to end of October, Vietnam exported 102,759 metric tons (mts) of pepper which included 88,435 mts black pepper and 14,324 mts white pepper, the total quantity being less by 7.4% at 8,197 mts (black pepper 5,850mts & white pepper 2,347mts) than that of the same period last year.
However the export value increased 9.5% (60.6 million USD) and reached $697 million of which black pepper ushered in $564.4 million and white pepper $132.2 million.
The average export price of black pepper for 10 months was $6,382 USD/mt and white pepper was $9,229/mt. The price of black pepper was $1,016/mt and white pepper was $1,427/mt higher than the same period of 2011.
US was still the biggest import market (14,226mts, 13.8%) followed by UAE, Germany, Holland, Singapore, India and Egypt. For white pepper, Germany is the biggest importer (3,371mts) and then Holland (2,040mts) and US (1,517mts).
According to reports the total pepper output of the world in 2012 was estimated at 324,090 mts (6,340 mts higher than 2011).
- Factors that are driving global markets this week
- India Veg Oil imports climb by 35% Y/Y to 944,309 tons in Nov 13
- US Marcellus-Utica Natural Gas output may grow by 3.3Bcf/d in 14 Y/Y
- Indian Railways carry 677.56 mn tons of freight during April-Nov 13
- Shale Gas boom or bumper crop: What will drive the Guar complex?
- Indian Sugar industry should maintain market equilibrium, diversify products: Minister