Last Updated : 15 June 2010 at 15:40 IST
WGC bats for gold in new clean energy sources
- Spices, Oilseeds counter bearish, Sugar range bound: SMC
- In oilseeds complex, Mustard January may remain below 3820 on increase acreage, adequate carryover stocks. Soybean decline seems to be capped with robust soymeal exports which has doubled to 503,269 tons in November compared to a month ago. Apri
- read more
India's production of pulses is estimated at 19 million tons for 2013-14 and the demand for pulse..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
The paper was published this week in the leading Journal of the American Chemical Society.
Commenting Dr Richard Holliday, Director – Industrial at the WGC said, "This is another demonstration of the emerging uses of gold in new clean energy power sources. It follows the development of Au Nanoclad, a gold based coating developed by Ford Motor Company, for use in fuel cells1, which used thin gold-coated stainless steel to improve electrical conductivity and corrosion resistance in fuel cell separator plates. With this new research both fuel cell and electric powered vehicles might one day be using gold".
There are several industrial sectors currently using gold in critical applications including medicine, dentistry and electronics.
There are also many new emerging uses for gold, particularly in the field of nanotechnology including pollution control catalysts, fuel cells, functional coatings and medical diagnostics.
The WGC recently published "Gold for Good: Gold and nanotechnology in the age of innovation"2, a white paper detailing new scientific and technological innovations using gold.
The report, which was featured in Nature Nanotechnology, described how gold exhibits a variety of unique properties which, when harnessed and manipulated effectively, leads to uses that are both far-ranging in their potential and cost effective.
The report explored the many different applications that are being developed across the fields of health, medicine and the environment.
- Expansion in manufacturing to strengthen Base Metals demand further
- US Crude Oil prices may average $96.5 per bbl, Brent $104.8 in 2014
- FTIL's ODIN trading platform not be impacted by NSEL crisis
- India Pulses demand may touch 21.77 mn tons in 2013-14
- India Rabi Oil Seeds acreage jumps 3.54% Y/Y to 74.74 lakh hectares
- China Communist Party plenum goals may benefit commodities