Last Updated : 15 November 2012 at 22:35 IST
WGC: Turkey Gold market, the weakest in Q3
Source :Commodity Online/WGC
Turkey's demand totalled just 7.9 tonnes compared with a 5-year average of 13.0 tonnes. The 66% year-on-year decline contributed 15.7 tonnes to the decline in total bar and coin demand.
- Base metals, Crude Oil may trade lower on weak China PMI data; Gold, Silver to be positive
- Spot gold prices increased by 1.58 percent on the back of weak Dollar Index. Further, weak stock markets increased the demand for precious metal as protection of wealth.
- read more
The USDA forecasts 2013/14 Canada rapeseed production at 14.5 million tons, up 9 percent from las..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
ANKARA (Commodity Online): Turkey gold market was among the weakest investment markets in the third quarter of this year, according to World Gold Council.
According to WGC data, country's demand totalled just 7.9 tonnes compared with a 5-year average of 13.0 tonnes.
The 66% year-on-year decline contributed 15.7 tonnes to the decline in total bar and coin demand.
Reports suggest that purchases for both gifting and personal investment purposes were very weak and that investors instead chose to take profits on their holdings as the local price surged in line with the US$ price in late August/ September, WGC continued.
WGC also noted that, global gold demand in Q3 was 1,084.6 tonnes, worth US$57.6bn. Demand was up 10% from the previous quarter, but 11% down from record year-earlier levels primarily due to a notable drop in bar and coin purchases.
- MCX Copper negative; investors await data releases
- MCX Natural Gas: Trend unclear, traders await EIA data
- China April Platinum imports strong at 294koz, up by 32% y/y: Barclays
- NCDEX Castor Seed, Potato negative; support 3210, 765
- NCDEX Turmeric, Coriander, Maize positive; further gains expected near term
- Copper slips on China mfg data, await German PMI, US job data