Last Updated : 21 October 2010 at 19:40 IST
World crude steel production marginally up in Sept
Iran's oilmeal imports from India reached 789,031 tons during April-November period this year, ro..
By Col. Ajay
As per financial astrology, transit OD Sun in Saturn house is ..
In the EU, Germany’s crude steel production for September 2010 was 3.3mmt, an increase of 4.1% on September 2009. Italy produced 2.3 mmt, 19.8% more than the same month in 2009. Spain produced 1.4 mmt, a -1.2% decrease compared to September 2009. Turkey produced 2.5 mmt of crude steel in September 2010, 17.9% higher than September 2009.
The US produced 6.6 mmt of crude steel in September 2010, an increase of 15.0% compared to September 2009. Brazil produced 2.7 mmt of crude steel in September 2010, a -1.2% decrease over the same month last year.
World crude steel production in September 2010 is 3.5% higher than September 2008 when the global economic crisis started showing the impact on the world crude steel production.
The crude steel capacity utilisation ratio of the 66 countries in September 2010 rebounded slightly to 74.4% compared to 73.3% in August 2010. Compared to September 2009, the utilisation ratio in September 2010 decreased by 3.8 percentage points.
- Huge growth in Indian Pension sector, corpus to exceed US$1 trn by 2025
- MCX Copper shrinks as Indian Rupee gains, Crude Oil sideways
- India Gold imports may fall sharply in 2014, Jewellery retail hit by low margins
- Weather, drop in stockpiles may keep US Natural Gas above $4 for near term
- US Steel markets may witness bullish trend in December 13: TSI
- Coriander likely to make a kill, Buy recommended