Edible Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Oil Seed Insights for January 23, 2017
Palm Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Pulses Insights for January 23, 2017
Sugar Insights for January 23, 2017
- Pulses complex witnessed a mixed trend in the major spot markets across the country during today's trade.
- In the Latur spot market, new Tur and Chana edged lower, while Urad remained firm during today's trade.
- A firm trend was witnessed in Urad, Chana and White Pea in the Mumbai spot markets.
- Urad witnessed a downtrend in the Akola spot market, while Chana, new Tur and Moong gained during today's trade.
- As kharif supply is still available in local market at major states, millers are getting domestic Urad at low price for their requirement.
- Urad price is likely to remain under pressure as new crop supply from Burma is expected to hit Indian ports by month-end.
- MMTC has issued a tender to sale 2000 tonnes of Australian Chana in Mundra.
- In December, prices of rain-fed kharif pulses dipped below government-announced support prices in more than 200 mandis or wholesale markets, according to a report on pulses from the research division of NCDEX bourse.
- Short-term government interventions have failed to reduce price volatility in pulses in 2016 and major pulse-growing states like Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Gujarat are the worst affected following the record harvest of kharif pulses, the report added