Edible Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Oil Seed Insights for January 23, 2017
Palm Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Pulses Insights for January 23, 2017
Sugar Insights for January 23, 2017
- A downtrend was witnessed in Tur complex during today's trade in the major spot markets across the country today.
- New Chana arrivals have begun in the Indore spot markets and all the major Pulses witnessed a weak tone during today's trade.
- Tur, Masoor and Matar prices fell in the Kanpur spot market during today's trade. Urad remained firm in the Latur spot markets today.
- Higher supply of Tur weighed on the price in the Solapur spot market, while Chana witnessed gains during today's trade.
- As on January 2, the government agencies Nafed, FCI & SFAC procured 250,537.53 metric tonnes (MT) of kharif Pulses from various states for buffer stock.
- Around 66,351.36 MT Pulses have been sourced by FCI, 148,206.55 MT by Nafed and 35,979.62 MT by SFAC.
- Moong procurement by the agencies totaled at 170,624.48 MT, while Urad procurement reached 71,309.61 MT and Tur procurement reached 8,603.44 MT.
- The government is aiming to build buffer stocks of 20 lakh tonnes, of which 10 lakh tonnes of Pulses will be imported, while rest 10 lakh tonnes will be sourced from domestic market during ongoing 2016-17.