Edible Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Oil Seed Insights for January 23, 2017
Palm Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Pulses Insights for January 23, 2017
Sugar Insights for January 23, 2017
- A mixed trend was seen in the Pulses complex in the major spot markets across the country during today’s trade.
- In the Kanpur spot market, major Pulses witnessed gains due to renewed demand from the buyers during today's trade.
- New Tur and Chana witnessed firm tone in the Latur spot market in the country, while New Tur price weakened and Chana price was strong in the Latur spot market.
- New and processed Tur in the Katani spot market witnessed gains today.
- Procurement of 284,715 metric tonnes of Pulses have been done by the government agencies as on January 10 from various states in order to arrest downfall in prices.
- Total Pulses import of India in the month of in October recorded surge of 29.2 percent at 6.50 lakh tonnes compared with 5.03 lakh tonnes same period previous year due to better matar (Pea) imports.
- Matar, Tur, Urad/Moong (Black Matpe/Green Gram) imports gained during the first seven months of current financial year, whereas Chana (Chickpea), Masoor (Lentil) and other Pulses imports moved down.
- Largest Pulses supplier to India was Canada during the period with over 42 percent market share in 2015-16, while Australia contributed nearly 16 percent followed by more than 12 and 8 percent by Myanmar and Russia respectively.