Edible Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Oil Seed Insights for January 23, 2017
Palm Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Pulses Insights for January 23, 2017
Sugar Insights for January 23, 2017
- Tur prices witnessed gains in the major spot markets across the country today, while Moong and Urad witnessed a downtrend.
- At the Solapur spot market, Tur extended gains as there was good demand from the millers.
- Chana prices were firm in the Delhi spot markets amid low arrivals, while prices declined in the Latur spot market.
- At the Indore spot market, new Tur and Chana witnessed firm trend while Moong and Urad traded down. Retail Tur prices have fallen to R100-110 per kg at present according to government data.
- The arrival of Tur in the market will continue in the coming days and the prices are set to decline further within next one month.
- According to first advance estimated released by agriculture ministry in September, the production of Tur is expected to be at an all-time high of 4.29 million tonne (mt) in 2016-17, against the targeted 3.62 mt.
- Karnataka state government has decided to sell the procured Tur Dal through the Public Distribution System at Rs 100 per kg instead of offering it to buffer stocks of the Union government.
- The market prices of kharif Pulses, especially Tur has fallen below the Minimum Support Price (MSP) in key growing states of Telangana, Maharashtra and Karnataka.
- The multi-state farmer’s cooperative, National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (Nafed) has commenced procurement of key Pulses from the farmers.