Edible Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Oil Seed Insights for January 23, 2017
Palm Oil Insights for January 23, 2017
Pulses Insights for January 23, 2017
Sugar Insights for January 23, 2017
- Pulses complex witnessed a negative trend in the major spot markets across the country during today’s trade.
- New raw and processed Tur witnessed a negative trend at the Gulbarga spot market due to sluggish demand from the buyers.
- In the Indore market also Tur and Chana witnessed a downtrend owing to dull demand from the buyers.
- In the Latur market, Chana, Urad and Moong witnessed a firm trend, while new Tur softened during the trade.
- The Odisha government extended the Value Added Tax (VAT) relaxation on pulses for another three months till March 31.
- India’s planting increased largely in gram (chana), lentil (masoor) and field pea (lobia) pulses, while that in kulthi, urad bean and moong bean fell, as per data of ministry of Agriculture.
- The acreage under rabi crops increased by 7 per cent in the last one week, as per data from the agriculture ministry. Rabi crop planting was completed on 554.91 lakh hectares, up from 519.27 lakh hectares at the end of the previous week.
- Rabi planting is expected to continue till the month's end. The government has set a rabi-season crop planting target of 638.37 lakh hectares.
- So far, 87 per cent of sowing has been completed and the area under pulses, oilseeds and wheat, too, are higher than the previous year's, while area under coarse cereals and rice plantation is less.